Thursday, January 31, 2013

Inspire me....

Man - the last few days have been....blah.  I dunno why.  I think I'm still a little tee-d off about the no-show.  Normally, I hang out during the day and before bed, I stop in my beading room and make something sweet.  That's kinda the way it's been for the last few months.

This last week or so...not so much.  Perhaps it's still this infection bit (Sinus and ear infection) or maybe just the winter blues.  I've been feeling kinda sad lately, mostly, missing the things I don't have and wish I did.  Most notably - friends and community.   I'm finding that after nearly 6 months of living in MN, the relationship part of life is still the, by far, the toughest part.  I don't feel like I have solid friendships, outside of a few family members who can't be my entire support network.  Family is a treasure and really, one of the largest reasons I moved home, but they can't be *everything*.

I'm missing having girlfriends to call and go out to dinner with or just come over and be silly with.  It's a piece of me that is really missing and I'm kinda out of ideas as to where to look.  I'm in a small group through a local church, however I find that the group is pretty surface-y.  There isn't a lot of deep, honest conversation.  I haven't found it a place that I can really kinda lay it on the line, if that makes sense.  More importantly, it doesn't really feel like a place where people WANT to go deeper.

Wait - how did a blog about beading turn into this?  Anyway - I'm hoping to get out my amethyst for Feb and make some really cute pieces!  I'll keep you posted!

In the meantime, have some ideas of where to meet some great folks?  I'd love to hear your ideas!  Btw - I don't do bars or places like that....I'm a good girl =)

No comments:

Post a Comment